Friday 1 March 2013

Two recent emails to Members of the Powys County Council Cabinet

email dated 1st March 2013 

(The date we were originally told the new lease for the cattle market would be signed!!!!

Dear Councillors and Mr Jackson

As I have not received the courtesy of any response, I feel quite sure that you must not have received my emails of 26th and 20th February regarding my concerns regarding the awarding or renewal of the lease of Hay Cattle Market.

CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM WHETHER OR NOT ANY NEW LEASE HAS BEEN GRANTED FOR THIS SITE and if so, whether any allowance has been made for the establishment of public car parking on the site.

As a resident, voter and concerned citizen, I look forward to your reply.

Regards

email dated 26th February 2013 
Dear Councillors and Mr Jackson

I hope you will recall my email of 20th February regarding my concerns about the re-awarding of the lease on the Hay-on-Wye Cattle market.  I quote that part of my email below.

"I remain very concerned about one vital aspect of the plan we prepared - that is the opportunity of using the car par area of Hay cattle market as shared Pay and Display and Residents' Parking in the periods when it is not in use for the cattle market.  This is important if our parking proposals are to work properly but is dependent upon it being incorporated in any new lease or renewal being granted for cattle market.

Has any new lease or licence been granted for the market and if not, can we be assured that the potential for incorporation of a parking facility in the market will be part of that lease or agreement?   If a new lease or licence has already been granted, we must ask the same question!"

I understand that due to a bereavement, your scheduled cabinet meeting has been postponed until next week; I am obviously sorry for the circumstances that caused this delay but would be most grateful for a response to me email.  I have not received any response to my last email and therefore my question remains - Has any new lease or licence been granted for the market and if not, can we be assured that the potential for incorporation of a parking facility in the market will be part of that lease or agreement?

Regards
Campaign for a Realistic Approach to Parking

No comments: