Tuesday 26 February 2013






CABINET MEETING POSTPONED FOR ONE WEEK

Due to a bereavement the Powys County Council cabinet meeting, scheduled for today, 26th February, has been postponed one week until next Tuesday 5th March.   Hopefully the proposal to allow Hay-on-Wye to proceed with its new Residents' Car Parking scheme will then receive its final approval.

ANOTHER LETTER TO PHILIP JACKSON & POWYS CABINET MEMBERS 

(We didn't receive an answer to our email of 20th February!)

Dear Councillors and Mr Jackson

I hope you will recall my email of 20th February regarding my concerns about the re-awarding of the lease on the Hay-on-Wye Cattle market.  I quote that part of my email below.

"I remain very concerned about one vital aspect of the plan we prepared - that is the opportunity of using the car par area of Hay cattle market as shared Pay and Display and Residents' Parking in the periods when it is not in use for the cattle market.  This is important if our parking proposals are to work properly but is dependent upon it being incorporated in any new lease or renewal being granted for cattle market.

Has any new lease or licence been granted for the market and if not, can we be assured that the potential for incorporation of a parking facility in the market will be part of that lease or agreement?   If a new lease or licence has already been granted, we must ask the same question!"

I understand that due to a bereavement, your scheduled cabinet meeting has been postponed until next week; I am obviously sorry for the circumstances that caused this delay but would be most grateful for a response to me email.  I have not received any response to my last email and therefore my question remains - Has any new lease or licence been granted for the market and if not, can we be assured that the potential for incorporation of a parking facility in the market will be part of that lease or agreement?

Regards

Campaign for a Realistic Approach to Parking

No comments: